Grand Comics Index

adair_t@kosmos.wcc.govt.nz adair_t at kosmos.wcc.govt.nz
Wed Apr 13 04:09:34 CEST 1994

>On April 3, Torsten wrote,
>> 		Announcing the GRAND COMICS DATABASE

>I'm actually slightly surprised there has been no reaction to this
>message. Has anyone written these guys and told them about all our
>indices? There's a gold mine for them AND a golden opportunity for
>us. They would just have to convert our indices to their format,
>and we could use their service for getting info about our favourite
>artists, books, et c. Of course we would still keep the indices on
>our FTP site and in our (Harry's) format, but it would, IMO, be a
>good complement at little or no extra effort on our behalf.

I've sent the administrator of the GCD Per's address.
I've also subscribed to their listserver, and have a copy of the indices in
progress.  I'll scan it again for Disney titles, but I don't think there are
any yet.

The format is rather simple.  The first line is for issue and cover details,
and the following lines are for stories in the issue.  However, it is longer
that Eighty characters.

>Speaking of FTP, Ron Evry asks:
>>This may seem a silly question, but WHERE is the disney-comics
>>ftp site?

>ftp.lysator.liu.se in directory /pub/comics/disney.

I recently posted instructions on how to get this by Gopher, which allows you
to get the files sent to you by e-mail.

>And we still don't HAVE a FAQ...

Yeah, well, but compared to the stuff we DO have, it's fairly minor.

Torsten Adair	adair_t at kosmos.wcc.govt.nz	Wellington, New Zealand