Still Here :)

Chris Lawton clawton at TFS.COM
Sat Apr 16 02:25:00 CEST 1994

>	Hi, Chris!
>
>	Just wondering if you're still with us.  If you're miffed from
>Don Rosa's comments the last time you were actively writing letters, I
>plead with you NOT to be!  You oughtta see how Don and ME argue... but
>we're STILL friends just the same.  He has angry feelings about how
>thanks to the way Disney promotes its characters in this country,
>they're much more visible as simple images on merchandise than as
>comic or animation characters.  When you mentioned something along the
>lines of being Mickey's fan since first encountering him in a
>non-comic, non-cartoon form, that's what set him off.  Take it from me
>-- it always does!  But that's no reason to go silent on us!
>
>	(BTW:  When I said "This means war" during that discussion, I
>was joking around -- quoting the very line from Bugs Bunny which had
>surfaced during the discussion -- not offering flame bait!)
>
>	In any event, why not contribute to our conversations these
>days?  I hope everything's all right with you...
>
>	Your friend,
>
>	David Gerstein
>	<David.A.Gerstein at Williams.edu>

Hi David & and everybody else here too!

Yep, I'm still here.  I'm still reading most of the stuff that comes in.

No. I'm not miffed at all with what Don said. :)  It's just that I've been
*VERY* busy here at work.  Also, the local theater where I play trombone in
the orchestra has started the next show we're doing. Bye-Bye nights and
weekends for 6 weeks!

But I have been trying to catch up with the comics in my 'spare' time.
Let's see...I just bought 4 new issues of stuff that I fell behind on.
I just picked up the last two "Donald and Mickey"'s, LO$2, and WDCS #???
(The most recent one.)

I think "Mickey an' Hoppy" was one of the best Mickeys I've seen! (Is that what
it was called?) But the Slueth title left me wanting, although, it did have
its moments.

What else?... LO$2 is great! ... I also liked the Goofy King Tut story.  I seem
to like that sort of hap-hazard presentation style.  I wonder if I should
re-start reading MAD? Hmmm...I haven't seen one since I was about 12.

I also finished my re-read of the Roger Rabbit stuff and the Toontown stuff.
I still like it. :) (While I was reading some of the latter RR issues, I was
listening to the WFRR soundtrack.  Neat.  Try it.)

Lastly, I purchased two of the Carl Banks Library issues.  DDA #1 and WDC&S#2
(I'm at work right now, so I'm not really sure of the issue numbers but they
were the lowest that I could find)
I really liked the DDA pirate story with the parrot. (The title eludes me right
now.) And most of WDC&S, too.  However, Good Neighbor...whew.  Boy! Donald was
just plain mean!  I guess I didn't think he had it in him to be so cruel!
That 'Shrapnel Football Bomb' seemed wicked!

Anyway, these two collections are my start of trying to become a more educated
Disney comic reader. [note the lowercase c]  Maybe in a few hundred more...:)

Overall, I'm starting to tell some differences between Carl Barks and others.

My biggest wish though is still "More Mickey"
(I did get and save your poll.  Now if I can find time to complete it!)

Chris	Mickey's #1 Fan!! :) :)