DcD and Norwegian #2000 (Re: From RoC)

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Mon Apr 18 15:51:50 CEST 1994

Apart from my previous mail about the Disney comics Database (DcD), I have some
remarks to Ole's mail:

> It won't even be necessary to re-arrange the indexes we have;

Well, I just did that and found a lot of inconsistencies and errors...

> I also like to have information twice.

It's much better to have to UPDATE information on just one place, and
then GENERATE files with the same information in 2, 3 or more forms.

> Of course, I can't expect you to agree, Harry:

I hope we come to some kind of compromise...

me> I myself also archive everything from this list (My archive is about
me> 3 1/2 floppy disks by now) and I always edit out the unnecessary
me> texts manually.

RoC> So is mine, and I don't!?

Maybe you didn't store the messages from the start? My almost 4 disks also
include private mail about Ducks and Mice, and a few messages from
rec.arts.disney.

>   If anybody cares, my project with Danish comics is now making headway
> with my recent purchase of CB&Co. #17 with a lot of Italian names, and
> a future parcel from Fabio with heavy data density.

Great! Please contact me about abbreviations of new artists.
Wouldn't it be nice if your Danish index could become part of the D.c.Database?

> [Norwegian Donald Duck #2000] features a great 16 paged Mau
> Heymans special (H 90164) for (Dutch) Donald Duck's 2000th(?) issue.
> [It also contains] a competition about how many characters you can name
> from the previously mentioned Heymans page.

For whoever wants to join that contest: Donald appears twice on the panel!

--Harry.