Two milestones (Disney-comics digest #300 and German MM #2000)

Gilbert Roser efferd at cs.tu-berlin.de
Tue Apr 19 15:20:57 CEST 1994

Harry Fluks wrote:

>Strange. Dutch DD Weekly started in 1952 and had its 2000th in early 1991.
>Did they skip some weeks in Germany?

Micky Maus started in September 1951 as an monthly title, was later published
biweekly and since '56 or '57 it has a weekly distribution.

>Yeah. By Mau Heymans. It's in that 2000th Dutch issue (91-06). Did they
>reprint the entire story, including the 1-page panels? (Total should be
>16 pages).

>Is there still an ad for FLUX soap in one of the panels? (Just curious 8-)

As I remember ('cause the book is at home) Ehapa has published the whole 16
pages. For the FLUX soap ad I have to read it again. I don't know because
there were so many ads.

>What makes you think it's German? Do they 'ueberhaupt' make any Disney
>stories in Germany nowadays?

I've got a couple of comics with an index beginning with G which stands for (as
long as I know) Germany. This special story was about a treasure hunt in which
the first German Micky Maus book was found. So I think the story was especially
written and drawn for this anniversary.
Maybe You know the "Aus Onkel Dagoberts Schatztruhe" comics of the mid '80s:

1. Der Regengott von Uxmal
2. Wei_es Gold vom Matterhorn
3. Der Ausflug nach Key West
4. Picasso-Raub in Barcelona
5. F_nfmal Grand Canyon und zur_ck

As long as I know these are German Disney stories and their ID-numbers started
with G.

   Gilbert