German comics and Silly Symphonies

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Wed Apr 20 09:19:03 CEST 1994

Gilbert:
> Maybe you know the "Aus Onkel Dagoberts Schatztruhe" comics of the mid '80s

Yeah, and there's one more, with a DANISH code (but identical to the
others in the series). It's about the Ducks looking for a tartan in Schotland.

These stories were written by Kabatek, and drawn by some studio artist
(according to Per who said this when we first discussed it here).

But this was a few years ago. And from the fact that the last story had a
D-code, I concluded that German publisher Ehapa would not produce their own
comic stories anymore.

So, in David's reply, replace 'Kabatek' by 'that (yet unknown) artist':
> 	Perhaps Kabatek also drew this new story.  Kabatek has drawn
> many puzzle pages for the German weekly in which Ducks and Mice appear
> together, so it shouldn't be all _that_ hard to identify his Mickey.

David again, about Silly Symphonies:
> 	Harry mentioned the characters who'd been in this strip.  I
> think that I can list the characters/stories:

Thank you. I already have a (not quite complete) list with the start and end
dates of the sequels, which I plan to embed in the Disney comics Database.

According to my Dutch index, there was also a Snowwhite sequel in 1937/1938
(Practical Pig was after that, in 1938 only).
And Bambi appeared in 1942 (weeks 29 through 40).

--Harry.