Norwegian DD#2000

Jon Cato Lorentzen jonlo at ifi.uio.no
Thu Apr 21 12:27:19 CEST 1994

There has been some discussion about various things appearing in the Norwegian
DD #2000. I'll try to give a couple of answers here:

DON:
You wanted to know about the little comic that came with Issue#10, which
includes some stickers from Lo$ 1.

This is not a contest in any way. Since the seventies, the publishers of
DD has included something extra in each issue (extra meaning a poster,
stickers, small games, etc.). In number 10 this extra was a small magazine
that is supposed to be a little story of Scrooges life. Then in the following
issues came stickers, so that the kids could sorta place them into the story
where they belong. This has been done before. What happens is that Huey
Dewey and Lewey are looking in Scrooges old photo-album. Scrooge tells them
the stories behind many of the pictures. Suddenly Magica appears and steals
Scrooges #1 dime. But the kids have already replaced it, because they
"suspected" that Magica would show up (This story really stinks, you know).
Then Scrooge explains how he got his dime, and shows them two pictures in
his photoalbum, taken from Lo$1. As I said, no contest, just a little extra
for the kids.

BTW: A contest began this week, where the first prize is a Barks Painting !
This is a special #2000 contest, and I for one will send in my replys.
New questions will arrive in every issue for a month or so, and they can
all be answered yes or no.

DAVID:

You wondered if Hero 2000 with Donald could be used in a forthcoming #600
issue from Gladstone. I can't see why not, but then again, I can't see
why you would want to. The story is very lame, the only highlight is the
big panel where a LOT of Barks Characters are seated. The story is about
Someone in Duckburg arranging a hero 2000 competition, where the hero must
have been on 2000 adventures. Donald then grabs his 2000 issues of Donald
Duck, and races into town. He tears off all the front pages that embarrass
him. When showing the issues to the jury, he is elected to be the hero, and
the next day the town is filled with pictures and advertisements with his
face and name. While doing some pictures on a mountaintop, Dolly falls off,
and Donald has to risk his life to save her. While doing this, all the
embarrasing front pages fall out of his pocket, and the wind carries them
to Duckburg. Once the people see them, they don't want Donald to be their
hero, and becomes angry. Donald then has to arrange a huge dinner for
everyone to compensate....

Jon C. Lorentzen