Disney-comics digest #307.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Mon Apr 25 15:19:04 CEST 1994

DAVID:
	No... if Disney nixes Lo$ #11, or any other part of any other
chapter, that's life. Why should I help them spoil my work!? Besides, if
they won't allow the scene of the destruction of the native village,
they might as well skip that whole chapter as the rest of it would be
meaningless. I base that plot on the idea that $crooge made his money
"square" in all but that ONE instance... and he learns a lesson.

MARK:
	Yes, I saw your letter in the comics that gives away the ending
of "GotLL", but that's not YOUR fault. The knuckleknobs at Gladstone
didn't have to print it or at least that part of it. It's THEIR fault.
	What happens in "The Duck Who Never Was"? (Not "The Duck THAT
Never Was", as in their mention.) Just what you'd expect if you ever saw
"It's a Wonderful Life", which is what the story is self-admittedly
based on. The alternate title was "It's a Wonderful Duck" or something.
Every single thing about Duckburg is screwed up and the lives of ALL the
Duckburg characters are ruined... EXCEPT ONE. Can you guess WHO?

PER:
	Yes, I'll be at the cons in Europe I mentioned.
	I might swear off American cons like in Oakland, however. It's
VERY insulting, both for me and for the Ducks, when I am virtually
ignored by all the attendees since the teaching of all the modern
"collectors" magazines and attitudes is that they should SHUN these
characters. I end up sitting in the "poverty row" section with the
unknown wannabe's and sign comics for women who have no idea who I am
and have never till that moment touched a Disney comic book. And since
attending conventions for me is strictly LOST time (and money), I don't
need the aggravation! The other guests all benefit from promoting
themselves or their work for royalties, or they enjoy being part of
grandiose publisher booths, wined and dined and touted by their
publishers, and generally part of the whole super-profitable American
comic scene that I am completely and irrevocably shut out of. It's just
too depressing, so I think I'll just stay home from now on and pretend
none of that stuff is going on.