Disney-comics digest #311.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Wed Apr 27 06:59:43 CEST 1994

CHRIS L.:
	You went to the Oakland convention center on Thursday and later
learned that I wasn't there that day? The convention I was a guest at
("Wondercon") didn't begin until FRIDAY, so no, I was not there on
Thursday. What sort of function did you search for me at there on
Thursday???

SIGURDUR:
	You have just read the "Lo$" chapter 11. There will be ONE more
chapter, #12, to complete $crooge's life up till when we first met him
in "Christmas on Bear Mountain" in 1947. Too bad the foreign publishers
don't bother to let their readers know what's going on as they should...
their editorial content is quite limited. Or it's even possible that the
editors don't pay attention to what's going on either?
	The "death of hundreds of people" you refer to is during the
boat-sinking sequence, of course. I don't say anyone is dying in that
scene. I show people leaping into the water near lifeboats. Naturally I
change history in that scene; after all, I change history in the sense
that $crooge wasn't REALLY on that boat anyway, and that the people all
had little black noses. So I also change it in that nobody died.
	As to how much attention the editors pay to what they do in
Europe, sometimes I'm afraid they aren't trying very hard. Of course, I
can't READ the issues I receive from Denmark or Norway, but I can see
the COLORING (which is the same in all Egmont countries). And I can see
something wrong in many spots...
	Chapter 11, part 1, page 1: no "kr" symbol on bin, and a comment
concerning a date of "1864" as regards the cannon from the Boer War. At
least the photos in the splash panel were sepia-toned as they were
supposed to be since chapter 1.
	Page 2 - the scoop is dumping gray money into the bin (but I
don't approve of the bin money being colored GOLD anyway, so why should
I kick?).
	Page 7 - panel 6: $crooge's collar is colored orange like his
beak, so it looks like he suddenly turned into $crooge McPelican.
	PART 2 - page 1: $crooge takes a blue neckerchief and ties it
into a red bowtie. BUT I SHOULDN'T GRIPE. YOW -- I drew $crooge with TWO
pairs of glasses in panel 4!!! How could I spend such endless hours on
those pages and not see that till now?!?!
	Page 2 - panel 1: due to sloppy coloring, $crooge has three
hands. Then he picks up a stick and it turns as blue as that strangely
colored cane that he uses in Europe. In panel 6 we see how the colorists
don't have a clue, and think that the light shining from the tent flap
is a trail leading to the tent, regardless of how I shaded it and that
the rest of the scene is obviously at night.
	Page 5 - what a panel #6 is, as someone here already mentioned!
The colorist, having not read the story, had no idea what he was doing
and colored the land as water and the water as land in the map! Wow!
	But looking back over chapter 11, I'm amazed that I seemingly
decided I was doing NORMAL comics which would never be shown to Disney
for approval, which they won't be until Gladstone is ready to use this
story. I really doubt that Disney will allow all the stuff I show in
chapter 11. Time will tell. With all the coloring errors, this may be
the ONLY version of this story the world will see!