Price of comics

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Wed Apr 27 09:56:47 CEST 1994

MIKKO:

      At my local dealer's, I pay 12,50 Swedish kronor per US dollar, at a time
when the official rate of exchange is something like 7,75 kronor per dollar;
though I also hold a membership card at my dealer's, which entitles me to 15%
off of anything I buy there -- both comics and pocket books which are their
main stock, but also any hardcover book I'd care to order from anywhere in the
world.

Now, I could easilly get around this, by subscribing directly from Gladstone,
as I actually used to do, in which case I would only pay the flat rate of
exchange perdollar, plus whatever it is that Gladstone adds for postage and
handling. This however would have several drawbacks, the main one being that
Gladstone ships their subscriptions by surface mail, while my dealer gets his
copies flown in -- which makes a difference of a mere two months! -- but a
further negative aspect would be that I wouldn't help supporting BOTH
Gladstone's Disney Comics AND my dealer; and I wouldn't care for that
particular outlet to go out of business since they give me EXCELLENT service
both with comics and ordinary books -- nor would I of course like to see
Gladstone stop printing Disney comics!

KJETTIL:

        I didn't get around to compiling those adressess yesterday, as I
promised; but I'll try to be quick about it!

DON:

    I'll try to be quick about those comments I promised you, too; but I've
still to get my hands on part 1 of Lo$ 11 -- I missed that one in the week it
was for sale, so I'll have to order my copy (and yours too) straight from
Serieforlaget's back-issue service. But I'll get back to you on the subject!

All my best to all

Mattias

!* Mattias Hallin ** <Mattias.Hallin at Jurenh.lu.se> ** Phone: +46 46-14 84 43 **!
!* Trollebergsvagen 24 B ***** Work: Lund University, Box 117, S-221 00 Lund **!
!* S-222 29 Lund, SWEDEN **************************** Phone: +46 46-10 71 37 **!
!***** "Oh, the villain onward stole... While a wicked smile he smole!"  ******!