Prices

Robert Reeves rreeves at acs.bu.edu
Fri Apr 29 19:33:44 CEST 1994

Andrew Krieg:

...I remember as a kid, scrimping and saving so I could afford a .25 or .30
comic.  Kids today have it very, very rough!  Since we are an adult group
discussing Disney comics, we tend to forget that kids are a large part of
comic sales.

I remember when the Gold Key comics went from .25$ to 30 cents.  I think
between that and the fact that the stories by 'the good Duck artist' were
getting few and far between caused me to stop bugging my mom for comic book
money.  I guess the thrifty Scrooge had rubbed off on me.

The lucky thing was that my girlfriend who is 4 years younger than I was
just getting into the Disney comic habit.  When we combine our duck collection
there are surprisingly few repeated issues!  Still trying to build a complete
Scrooge collection but at least we don't have to look for those awful
Whitman-era books!

-robert