Disney-comics digest #513.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at compuserve.com
Tue Dec 6 05:19:48 CET 1994

MIKE:
	Am I going to do stories based on Barks stories (sequels?) or
also stories that don't deny facts in old Barks stories? Both.
	I have done a number of stories since the 60th Birthday story
which will begin to appear early next year. I've discussed them on here
in varying degrees of depth if you want to reread old Digests, but here
are the titles: "The Treasury of Croesus", "The Universal Solvent", "An
Eye for Detail", "The Lost Charts of Columbus", and now "Lost in the
Money Bin"(tentative title). Gosh, that's not many. I'm very slow.

ROBERT:
	Good junk-closet suggestions, particularly the old coffee cups
-- those are favorite old gag pages.

DAVID:
	Your list was too long for me to comment on individually. There
were several items in there that I think I'll use. However, MOST of the
stuff you list was rather TOO obscure (even for my taste), so vague that
a reader would never realize what it was (such as a cannonball -- how
would the reader know WHAT cannonball that was -- or disassembled
items), or you've suggested newspapers or flags which would require
lettering -- I try very hard to avoid ANY use of background lettering in
my stories whenever possible just to save myself the aggravation of
seeing Egmont ignore it or screw it up. I wasn't expecting suggestions
based on Barks COVERS; I had never really thought about it... but if
pressed, I think I would consider his covers to just be gags. Not real.
That's the same way I regard the one-page gags. Imaginary. Jokes.
Non-canonical. (I still like the idea of putting those coffee cups in
the closet -- those were a few of the most famous gag pages.)