Time Magazine cover

Daniel Shane homebrew at iglou.com
Sat Dec 17 03:04:00 CET 1994

>This may gabberflast the Europeans to hear this, but
>Uncle Scrooge is not a really well-known character in
>the US, even after his Duck Tales exposure.

I believe Don Rosa has probably made that comment more than once.  I am
constantly wearing shirts, tie-pins, watches, or other odds and ends that
feature $crooge, and 99 times out of 100 someone will chirp:

"Oooh, I love what your wearing!  Look kids -- Donald Duck!"

It could be worse.  Once a Mom who was very proud of herself for noticing
pointed out to the children that I was wearing the likeness of Daffy Duck.
Her kids were happy to agree with her.