Norse Gods of Duckburg

Wilmer Rivers rivers at seismo.CSS.GOV
Mon Dec 26 06:43:42 CET 1994

I thought I would pass along a Barksian reference from a non-Disney
comic book currently in the comics stores.  "Sandman" number 66 (dated
January 1995) contains the following conversation between two Norse
gods (OK, a god and a demi-god, if you want to get technical about it):

Loki Sky-walker: "Odin...This is not what it appears to be."
Odin All-father: "Oh, So?"

I have to assume the use of this Barksism is quite deliberate, since
later on in this same issue there is a 2-page parody of the venerable
"Sergeant Rock" comic book, too.

Wilmer Rivers