Dis 'n' Dat

Tryg Helseth trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Wed Feb 2 01:02:11 CET 1994

Hello Folks!

Stories banned in the US.

It's benn mentioned from time to time here about this story or that story
being considered unacceptable for publication by Disney.  I've never seen a
list of those stories and wondered if one is readily available.  Is there a
copy lurking out there somewhere?

Don Rosa's All American Breakfast.

Don is right in his description of the standard breakfast fare we United
Statians have to endure, but he failed to mention that they do generally
include all of the four basic food groups: Sugar, Salt, Grease, and Ketchup.

Female funny-book fans.

Well the Superhero comics that predominate in the US are definitely
targeted at young males and even our beloved Duck stories are male oreinted.
For whatever the reason, comics are not thought highly of by the womenfolk.
Years ago, I used to ride a bus to and from work and would take that
opportunity to read some of my recently purchased comics.  On several
occasions I would get some kind of derogatory comment or getsure from women
riding the bus.  ("What's a grown man like you doing reading kids comic
books?")  Once a woman sitting next to me made such a comment; and she was
reading some brain-damaged romance novel...  She got rather indignant
when I suggested that her novel wasn't any higher class than my comic
book.  (In a sense, I think those romance novels are to women what comics
are to me.)

Torsten tentatively terminates.

Sorry to see you lose your account and hope you get wired back up soon. Now
I supponse we'll see one of those "unsubscribe" messages with your account
name on it...  :)

Tryg Helseth  <trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu>   Minneapolis, MN, USA
          or  <tryg.helseth at tstation.mn.org>

"I wish they all could be Calisota Ducks!" -The Beach Drakes