Disney-comics digest #230.

Trygve J Helseth trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Thu Feb 3 14:24:04 CET 1994

On 3 Feb 1994, Don Rosa wrote:

> MATTIAS:
> 	How much do I pay to read your words? And to read my own words
> when they come back at me in these Digests? My COMPUSERVE membership
> costs me $9 per month which entitles me to a certain amount of free
> E-Mail (which is how I receive the Digests, of course).

DON:

Have you considered other services besides CompuServe?  I understand that
America On Line (AOL) has much more favorable rates and connect charges.
And, the real biggie, they don't hit you with a "postage due" for Internet
mail!  Maybe there are other services you use that make Compuserve a
better choice for you, but if it is just E-Mail, I'd look into switching.

Internet access is getting more available as days go by.  I got this
account at the University of Minnesota through a special offer for Alumni.
 It costs a flat $70 per year for full access.  A co-worker who graduated
from a college in a neighboring town called and asked about an account.
They gave him one for free!

Even the local BBS I frequent has just picked up internet; when they get
it stabilized (still a few wrinkles to iron out), I'll probably switch
this mail list to there.

So maybe a little shopping around would pay off for you.  Just watch out
for the Cyber Fuzz...   :)

Tryg	trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu