Updates for the US Index

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Mon Feb 21 09:37:04 CET 1994

David:
>	I downloaded the file "us" -- the index of US 1-83 -- onto my
> computer, and added the Gladstone and Disney data from our other
> index.  What should I do with the file now?  Do people want it?  Do
> they think I should upload it, or do you feel the Gladstone-Disney.Index
> is enough?

Tryg:
> Wow!  That was fast!  I don't know about others, but I would like to see it.
> I thought about this a bit, and came to the conclusion that even if the
> information is in the Gladstone index, it is not sorted by original title.

But sorting is a simple thing if you have a computer... I added the
Gladstone-Disney information to your WDC list. I'll send it to you
in private mail.

This is what I meant when I said "adding that information should be easy".
But it is getting a problem when new information has to be added. We already
have (several) lists that list basically the same. I am seriously thinking
of a computer program to generate the various lists from one master database.
We discussed this before here. Fredrik, Per and others had the same idea then,
and the same amount of spare time (which means NONE). I do have some time now,
and I think I'll start programming and finding out the right format of the
"master database".

--Harry.

Harry         PTT Research       ()_()     Disney comics INDEX freak
Fluks         Leidschendam        (_)      H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl

              "Yeah... I've _heard_ of coral barques!"