Diuerse

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Tue Feb 22 09:46:57 CET 1994

HELLO, ALL:

           A couple of days ago, I finally posted the introduc(k)tions list,
version 1.0 -- and I'd just like to let you know how I plan to go on editing
it: I intend simply to add any new intros at the top of the list, so that new
material is thus immediately available for the discerning reader's perusal,
while at same time shuffling all previous intros downward -- but still posting
them every time, so that any newcomers since the previous posting gets the
entire set of our autobiographies.

Also, I'm thinking of posting the list of the list maybe once a month, or
bi-monthly or sumpin' like that, depending on how many new intros are sent to
me. Thus, I'd like to ask you all to please send me REVISED versions of your
own intros if and when you think it necessary, and also to let me know if and
when you might wanna get OFF the list-list.

Finally, anyone who'd like to be ON the list-list in the first place -- please
send a short autobiography/introduc(k)tion of yourself to ME (not to the list
in general -- that'd spoil the effect!) at <Mattias.Hallin at Jurenh.lu.se>.

BARKS vs FOREIGN:

                 I'm a bit ambivalent on this issue -- I already own the
original b/w Carl Barks Library, and am presently buying the CBL in Color as
well as all the Gladstone Comic Books (ain't I a regular GOOD goy, eh, Gary?)
-- and of course I do at times feel as if I'm one of P.T. Barnum's
"born-every-minute"-chappies, buying the same product over and over and over.
So, yeah, in a sense I guess I don't PERSONALLY get very excited about another
Barks reprint in a Gladstone Comic Book (ho-hum! that's mah umpteenth reprint
of WDC xxx -- how UTTERLY exciting...), but then again I don't get VERY excited
about the more run-of-the-mill "foreign" stories either; probably because I
grew up on that kinda duck-fare in "Kalle Anka $ C:o" and similar publications.
I guess what I REALLY enjoy is Don's stories, and Van Horn's and the occasional
Dutch story. I'm sorry, but I can't get excited over Vicar or Branca, however
at their respective peaks they might be, their ducks still lack vitality to me.
BUT I continue to buy every Gladstone issue, anyway, for several reasons: I'm
always VERY keen to see Rosa and Van Horn published in English, I want to
support my local dealer (the pocket-bookstore and comic store "Pocket" here in
Lund), AND I want to support Gladstone -- because I'd be real sad to see
American Disney Comics go the way of the Dodo bird!!!

MY UPCOMING AMERICAN SOJOURN:

                             will probably also take me to LaCrosse, Wisconsin,
where we have been invited to play another festival approx. August 5th through
8th or soething like that. What is there to know about LaCrosse, WI??? I have
to confess I never heard of it before? Hey, you yanks! Know anything?

Hmm...

All my best!!!

Mattias