New artist?

Sigurdur Hrafn Gislason shg at rhi.hi.is
Tue Feb 22 12:20:28 CET 1994

I was wondering who the new artist was who has made such stories as the
McDuck chronicles and Donald as a windowcleaner (yes, I know Donald has
been a windowcleaner in several stories but this one stands out, if you
don't know then you haven't read it.). Note that I read these comics in
Icelandic so the names may differ.
This artist has come up with a unique hilarious style of detailed
drawings combined with perfect facial expressions and character interaction.
He seems to be creating the McDuck family from scratch. We get to meet
Scrooge's parents and sisters in Scotland. His parents die and Scrooge
decides to take his sisters with him to America. This was the first time
I actually saw somebody die in a Disney comic and this was also the first
time we get a glimpse of the Duck family. Scrooge's sisters will probably
become the mothers of the characters we love.
Who is this artist and where is he from? Has he written some other stories
and is he going to follow the McDuck chronicles to the end?