New artist?

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Tue Feb 22 13:16:56 CET 1994

SIGURDUR:

         You were asking about the "new artist" behind the McDuck Chronicles
and other similar stuff, and it's perfectly obvious from your description that
you are talking about Don Rosa, who is as a matter of fact a member of this
list, lives in Louisville, Kentucky in USA and has been drawing the ducks, in
particular $crooge McDuck, since (I don't remember exactly, offhand) 1986 or
1987. Your feelings about Don's work seems to reflect that of most of us here
on the list; for further and/or deeper information, I suggest that you delve
into the ftp-files, where you'll find LOTS of information, both as indexes and
as old postings. Ask Per Starback, or someone, if you don't know how to get to
the ftp-files.

And about the McDuck Chronicles (or, rather, "The Life and Times of $crooge
McDuck), that is a 12-part serial, and it seems from what you wrote that you've
seen at least the first nine parts of it; but I wouldn't be very surprised (I
could even get a heartattack and DIE from not surprise!) if there is more
$scrooge to come from Don Rosa's drawing-board.

All my best

Mattias Hallin
Lund, Sweden