Disney-comics digest #250.

Mark Semich mas at cs.bu.edu
Thu Feb 24 03:57:49 CET 1994

>From: Gary Leach <73633.152 at CompuServe.COM>
>
>Just want everyone out there to know
>that we are finally entering a rather interesting period in our publishing
>history at Gladstone, when not only Van Horn and Rosa are coming our way via
>Egmont, but stories by Michael T. and Janet Gilbert, Dave Rawson, Pat
>McGreel-all American writers-as well. We're just beginning to see these
>becoming available, but I've read a few and-no slight intended to the overseas
>writers-it will be nice to start using stories more in tune with the American
>audience.

This sounds very exciting!!  Any word on what kind of stories these
people are working on, or what characters they are interested in
using?  Any Mickey Mouse stories in the works?

Donald and Mickey #23:
=====================

Contains Barks' "Rocket Wing Saves The Day" and another "Don't Call Me
Tut" story.  All in all, pretty boring.  However, the letters column
is interesting - very varied reactions to "A Very Goofy Midas,"
including letters by Dana Gabbard, David Gerstein, and my humble self.

(BTW, although I've already read this Barks story more than enough
times, I *do* agree w/ Gladstone's policy of continuing to re-print
Barks' stuff.  I feel it important that new readers have the
opportunity to read his stories.)

WDC&S 590:

I like Daan Jippes, but Geoffry Blum seems to be losing his scripting
skills.  It just rubs me the wrong way to actually have someone in a
Donald story say, "That dude awesome... NOT!"  My overall impression
is that his heart wasn't in it, but I may be wrong.