Archive news

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Thu Feb 24 14:55:30 CET 1994

Mattias wrote:
> A couple of days ago, I finally posted the introduc(k)tions list,
> version 1.0 -- and I'd just like to let you know how I plan to go on
> editing it: I intend simply to add any new intros at the top of the
> list, so that new material is thus immediately available for the
> discerning reader's perusal, while at same time shuffling all previous
> intros downward -- but still posting them every time, so that any
> newcomers since the previous posting gets the entire set of our
> autobiographies.

Isn't that overkill?  It's nice to know more about the people you
converse with (I'd send you an introduc(k)tion of myself if I just had
anything to say :-), but generally I don't think repeating postings is
a good way of spreading stuff.  I have a hard time of keeping up with
the list myself anyway.  (In fact I haven't even read the postings of
the last week or so yet.)  If anything should be posted regularly on the
mailing list I think it should rather be a short note on how the list
works, where the ftp archive site is, what is there, and how you
access it.

Anyway, I've added that list as a file "intros" on the archive site
(host ftp.lysator.liu.se, directory pub/comics/disney) now, and will
update it with future versions when they come.

Other news:

* David has updated "us", the Uncle Scrooge reprint guide, with
Gladstone and Disney books.

* David has also updated gladstone-disney.index with the Disney Comic
Albums.  (I changed that around a little, David, to make it confirm
more to the overall style of the index.)
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at minsk.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"