Emil Eagle vs. Junior Woodchucks

Jon Cato Lorentzen jonlo at ifi.uio.no
Sat Feb 26 17:28:04 CET 1994

Torsten Wesley Adar wanted our thoughts about using Emil Eagle in Duck comics.
This has already been done several times here in Norway, mostly in the 70s
and early 80s, pitting Emil against Gyro Gearloose. Not very good stories,
though. I can also remember at least one incident where Emil Eagle was
put up against the Junior Woodchucks. In the story, Emil created winds with
a machine in a cave in the park. A very average story. I have never
considered Emil as only Super Goofs foe, he has been used just as much with
Gyro here in Norway, in fact, he has been used with almost all the ducks
one time or another, I believe.

About Moby Duck.
He was in a lot of stories in the 70s, and (flame me) I liked many of them.
But this is probably because I was just a kid then, and read my Disney
comics to shreads, and I don't think I would have liked those stories as
much if I had read them for the first time today.

Jon C. Lorentzen