Disney-comics digest #373.

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Mon Jul 4 15:20:05 CEST 1994

DON:

    Yes -- NAFS(k), or rather at least most of it's board members are aware of
the b'now infamous Grandey fax, Greger Nass`n and Stefan Dios through my
telling them. It was decided between us (I, too, am a board member) NOT to
mention the fax, or even bring your name up, at the meeting with Carl Barks on
June 19th; for two reasons. Firstly, we had to recognize that this meeting was
Barks' show. After all it's practically the first time he's even east of the
Mississippi, or at least the Atlantic -- and if, unfortunately, he don't seem
to care very much for you, we didn't want to chance the possibility that the
mention of you might make his first, and probably only, meeting with his
Swedish fans a little less happy an occasion for Barks himself. Secondly, we
didn't want to give Bill Grandey even the remote possibility of accusing you of
"stalking by proxy", as it were. Now, you know, and I know, and the NAFS(k)
board knows fully well that any such accusation would be an outright lie -- in
the usual Grandey style, probably -- but nevertheless Grandey might have tried
to twist things that way, had something been mentioned.

I guess it might seem a bit cowardly, or at least overly cautious, but there we
are...

BTW, Don -- could you fax me a copy of the Grandey fax? At +46 46-10 42 32?!

Thanks!

And I'll comment your other comments, soon as I can!

All my best!

Mattias