My Comic-Con Disney Panel (An Invitation)

Larry Gerstein gerstein at math.ucsb.edu
Tue Jul 19 02:06:25 CEST 1994

        Dear Folks,

        With this message, I proudly announce DISNEY COMICS:  INTO THE
FUTURE.  This discussion panel will be meeting right in the thick of the
San Diego Comic Convention:  on Friday, August 5, at 5:00 PM, in Room 7 of
the new San Diego Convention Center.  (If any of that information changes,
you can find out when you get to the Con... it'll be updated in the
official brochures.)

        A lot of interesting projects will be announced and discussed with
plenty of insiders to tell you about them.  I'll be moderating the group,
which includes (as of right now) DON ROSA, JOHN CLARK, and ANINA BENNETT
(Egmont-US editor) to tell you about the upcoming comics from a podium, and
answer the questions you have.  I'm currently negotiating to have Pat
Block, Ron Fernandez, and others there as well.

        Anyone else reading this who currently works in Disney comics
(including Heidi MacDonald and Dwight Decker, who I'm most sure are reading
this) is welcome to come here and tell the attendees about your projects,
because I'd like to have you there.  I can't promise a huge turnout -- this
being America, after all, where Disney comics aren't exactly that popular
-- but I'm sure it'll be an interested and devoted one, as last year.

        * * * * *

        Anyone interested in the disney-comics group here can RVSP by
writing to me E-Mail or calling me, (805) 569-2415.  I am also looking for
someone to post the message -- up through the immediately preceding
paragraph, but NOT this one or anything after -- to the Internet.  I need
it sent to these groups:

        rec.arts.disney
        rec.arts.animation
        rec.arts.comics.info
        rec.arts.comics.misc
        alt.fan.disney.afternoon

        Unfortunately, I no longer have access to an E-Mail system that can
send things to the Internet.  Phooey!  But I hope you can help -- if
someone can do this, please post a message to me saying you've done it, and
also to the list so no one else will then have to bother doing it!

        Take care, folks.  I hope SOMEONE's going to the Convention so I'll
have an audience there....!

        Your friend,

        David Gerstein
        <gerstein at math.ucsb.edu>