Skogs-Ola/Urtigao/Jesper Skauen

Anders Engwall Anders.Engwall at eua.ericsson.se
Tue Jul 26 16:22:20 CEST 1994

Knut.Hunstad at veg.sintef.no (Knut Hunstad):

> The character named "Skogs-Ola " in Sweden and "Urtigao" in Brazil seems to
> be the same guy who has been called "Jesper Skauen" (or sometimes "Jesper
> Skaugen") in Norway. One story with him I remember is where HDL try to get a
> photo of a very seldom bird and get help from this guy. The whole thing ends
> up with his beard full of blueberry.
[...]
>Is this the same guy?

In short: Yes. The story you refer to was published in the Swedish weekly in
issue #7 of 1974 as "Den gr|n-n{bbade tr{dknackaren" ("The green-beaked
woodpecker"). This is not one of the greatest of Ola/Jesper/Urtigao stories,
IMO.

Anders Engwall				Email: Anders.Engwall at eua.ericsson.se
ELLEMTEL Utvecklings AB			Voice: +46 8 727 3893
[lvsj|, Sweden				Fax: +46 8 727 42 20
endremin saxassa flumen flobollala / feilobasch falljada follidi / flumbasch