Harry Gladstone's Birthday Bugaboo

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Tue Mar 8 13:46:12 CET 1994

Last weekend I bought a German comics fanzine (Comixer) containing an
interview with Freddy Milton. It also showed the covers of "The Big Sneeze":
a very acceptable Donald Duck version, and a (very strange) Kalle Klodrik
version.

(For those who don't understand anything of the previous alinea: just skip
it...)

One other interesting thing was discussed: in Whitman's Donald Duck 169 (I
think), there was the story "Birthday Bugaboo" which seemed to be inspired
by Barks and sold much better than other Whitman comics.

I remember having seen 1/2 page of Barks sketches for this story, published
in the Carl Barks Library. The story was done by Harry Gladstone (something
familiar about this name 8-).

Has anyone seen this story? Is it good? If so, is it worth reprinting?
Whatever happend to Harry?

--Harry.

Harry         PTT Research       ()_()     Dutch Disney comics freak
Fluks         Leidschendam        (_)      H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl

              "Yeah... I've _heard_ of coral barques!"