back on

Ronald A. Evry (Ronald) revry at tjhsst.vak12ed.edu
Wed Mar 9 17:52:23 CET 1994

To the folks at disney-comics:

Well! It's been a weird week or so!

My system had munged my mailbox files & I couldn't get in for
almost a
week...As it is, they had cut down my access time & will
continue to have a
2400 bps speed limit for the next couple of weeks. This means
that I can only
get so much mail at a time even when my mailbox is available to
me (which it is
now). ANYWAY....if disney-comics has been getting back digests
sent to me & has
taken me off the list, PLEASE put me back on. This is one of my
favorite
"lurking" spots.

NOTE TO FABIO: I have your Barks Collectors in an envelope but
lost your
address...please repost it to me & I'll send it out TOOT SWEET.

In the last few weeks I have been picking up CHEAP back issues
of various duck
books & have had a jolly old time re-reading Barks treasures &
have been
discovering some great new stuff. Don, I like your stuff a lot
& have actually
put in a sub at a local comic shop for Scrooge (the owner says
he's going to
try to get me part 1 of LO$ -- I hope so ---otherwise, I'll
trade old Barks
Collectors for a copy if anyone is interested). I also have
enjoyed reading Van
Horn's stuff...I went nuts over the chicken soup story.

[aside: isn't it interesting how ducks in duckburg will eat
chicken & turkey in
one story, & will chat with chickens in another? Then again,
it's not that
different from the famous Mickey Mouse cartoon where Mickey
performs a
scientific experiment on a "mouse," depicted much smaller than
him and drawn
more like a Warner Mouse than Mickey...]

One book I dug up has a favorite story of mine reprinted -- the
one where U$
takes Donald & the boys into outer space & they bypass the
space station so
Scrooge won't have to buy them $10,000 hotdogs. I love it!
Apparently, in more
than one story (as I recall), CB would take note of the fact
that Duckburg
technology was on a different level with the rest of the world
-- spaceships,
etc. were commonplace, but only in Duckburg.

Anyway, I'm back & am looking forward to more digests.

Ron