Disney-comics digest #276.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Tue Mar 22 05:01:03 CET 1994

SIGURDUR:
	If I said my Duck trip to the Earth's core was going to be a
sequel to or in any way based on Jules Verne's version, I was misleading
you. I might have said that I was originally inspired by the 1959 movie,
but you'll agree that other than the names of the characters and the
surface-setting, that nifty movie had little to do with the book itself.
As fine a book and fun a movie as those both were, they were utterly
preposterous in dealing with a trip into the earth any further than a
few miles down (out of 8,000 or so) -- I hope to try to approach it more
scientifically, though it remains to be seen if I'll be able to come up
with an interesting idea.