Disney-comics digest #285.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Thu Mar 31 06:20:23 CEST 1994

TRYG:
	Why, when I think that I'm simply carrying on a discussion, do
people say I'm "raking them over the coals" or "judging (Chalker's book)
harshly". I was simply disagreeing with something I thought you said...
and I LOVE Chalker's book -- I am simply puzzled by its stated intent as
compared to its reality. I must hold my mouth wrong when I type?

NIKKO:
	Ah... Harry saved me some typing! As people join this group,
wouldn't it be nice if each of us could punch a number to recall whole
past discussions when new members bring up old topics.
	One other point: obviously Floyd Gottfriedson did Mickey for
many years and was a genius. But I grew up on Paul Murry (who I thought
did pretty decent stuff, but not on a Barksian level). I didn't grow up
on Gottfriedson - I wasn't exposed to it before I started collecting
old WDC&S and I didn't take it very seriously until Gladstone started
touting it... and I think I'm now much too old and jaded to let quality
work affect me as deeply as it should. That's why I'll never grow
interested in Mickey Mouse no matter how much FG work I see.