Disney-comics digest #316.

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Mon May 2 01:33:07 CEST 1994

	Dear Folks,

	Fredrik Ekman commented that "twice before I have asked for
"please more info about WVH, someone" and have been met by a more or
less complete silence.  What's the matter with you guys? I thought
you knew everything."

	I actually know next to nothing about Van Horn.  From rumors I
have heard, this may be a case like Barks where you can admire the
work, but not its creator's current goals ($$$$ even when it puts
others at a loss).

	I'm sorry... perhaps I opened my bill too far.

	BTW, to the van-horn index we can add a cover to THE DUCKBURG
TIMES #24/25, late in '92.  It illustrates their "Special DuckTales
Issue" (that's the title of the cover) and shows Scrooge's top hat and
cane, Launchpad's goggles, and (AAACK!) Webby's Quacky Patch Kid doll
posed as if on display in a museum.

	No ducks are actually visible -- unlike its rival THE BARKS
COLLECTOR, TDT does not have permission (at least not any more) to
actually show Disney characters in anything other than silhouette.

	* * * * *

	On another tack:  How much are Barks pencil sketches worth?  I
own the original sketch to the painting "Snow Fun" -- it's about a 12"
by 7" picture of Donald with sled, full frontal view, drawn on tracing
paper and signed by Barks.  NO, I DO NOT AIM TO SELL IT!!!  I'm just
interested in getting it professionally matted and framed and would
like to insure it first.

	You can E-Mail me with the answer, if you know.  Barks' agents
told me it was worth a heck of a lot when I met them at the San Diego
Comic Con, but from what I've heard since, their opinion isn't worth a
custard pie.  (I bet if I had told them that this was a drawing of
Fethry, they wouldn't have known the difference.)

	Your friend,

	David Gerstein
	<David.A.Gerstein at Williams.edu>