GotLL

AllenMT1@bisdpo1.bisdnet.jhuapl.edu AllenMT1 at bisdpo1.bisdnet.jhuapl.edu
Mon May 9 15:41:00 CEST 1994

I must add my name to the list of those who did not notice the flaws in
Gladstone's printing of GotLL that Don is disturbed about.

Neither did my 10 year old daughter Megan, who has recently become an avid
reader of Uncle Scrooge.  She started out several years ago with Disney
Comics' "Rescue Rangers" and "Tailspin", but later read through a few issues
of several other titles and decided she liked Scrooge best.  I haven't been
able to get her to read any of the FG Mickey stories yet, but that's only a
matter of time.  She's working her way steadily through my Scrooge
collection, but also is herself collecting the Lo$.  She's only beginning to
pay attention to the creators, but the stories she enjoys most are primarily
Barks and Rosa. Her only complaints have dealt with the scarcity of female
charactors and with occasional plot inconsistences in stories by some other
authors/scripters.

She has never cared for the "Ducktales" TV show, and actually resisted reading
US for a while because of it.  The shallow characterizations and generally
simplistic storylines left her cold, and it took a while for her to over come
her assumption that the comics were on the same level.

Mark Allen