from RoC

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen lrn at daimi.aau.dk
Tue May 10 10:05:14 CEST 1994

Re: Disney-comics digest #316-21

LO$ TALK
========

 William:
>  So, is there any chance that maybe, someone on the other side
>of the ocean, who is getting their sets of the (what is it part 11?)
>series, could possibly set aside a few extra copies they could make
>available to folk like me in case we can't get them here when it
>comes time?  I'd be glad to trade or otherwise recompense for the
>trouble.  I'd like to have to full set eventually, even if it's
>not all in English/American.

 I can get second hand copies of all Danish Rosa stories practically
for free, all you impatient ones, but will you need them?

 Per:
>Another thing I learnt at the NAFS(k) annual meeting that I forgot to
>mention is that it seems like chapter 12 of Don's Life of Scrooge
>series won't be published in Sweden.  They've really messed it up
>then, by printing just chapters 3--11!!

 Don:
>        Okay -- Per... or Mattias... if they knew at the NAFS(k) meeting
>that chapter 12 of the Lo$ wouldn't be used, then the info came through
>Stefan Dios, and he or someone could PLEASE TELL ME WHY NOT!

 I get 4 Egmont issues a week (groan) and they have all ended part 11
with a caption like "Not the End [Yet]". I doubt it seriously that no
more chapters will appear. If it happens to be as a supplementary issue
(not likely for a 15 pager) Swedes and Fins may miss out, like with
chapter 1 and 2.
Did I mention that Egmont uses your title for the final chapter 12,
"The Richest Duck in the World", for chapter 11. The plot thickens.

>        Also -- does anyone on here get the Danish issues? I just
>received #2000 with the last part of chapter 11 -- perhaps there is a
>hint there to tell me if Denmark will also be omitting my story's
>ending? At any rate, I'm getting on the FAX machine in just a moment to
>contact the main office in Copenhagen to see what's going on. But also
>in the Danish #2000 there is a history of ANDERS AND & CO telling all
>the highlights of the contents since 1949; and it seems to finish by
>devoting a full page to the first chapter of the Lo$ in 1992 -- what's
>being said on that page???

 You are named as a skilled artist and writer, and the only one except
Barks who recieves mention.
 Have you been thinking about doing scripts for other artists? As David
can tell, it's the next best thing to free money. And while there are
many good artists, good stories are as rare as dirt on a golden moon.

>RoC:
>       I would gladly give more than simply a set of those stupid
>CAPTAIN KENTUCKY magazines for those Whitman comics you have for me!
>Besides, where are you... Europe somewhere?

 I'm Danish, and you can be Chicken.

>I hope you'll send those by airmail otherwise they'll take MONTHS to
>get here. I'll, of course, pay that postage.

 My experiences with local B-class surface mail indicate that the
delivery time increases with up to the square of the distance.
Finnish AA taking well up to two weeks.

>The Whitmans are quite difficult to find... and I even
>thought that UNCLE $CROOGE #179 was particularly rare... but maybe not,
>if you found one all the way over in... Europe somewhere?

 It's just the Lemmings story. Maybe the Norwegian donaldists bought
more than their far share back in the 70's? However everything in it has
been reprinted better by Disney Comics, and a complete run of U$ is out
of my league. I'll try for a complete Captain K instead!

*Heidi Ace MacDonald.
 I hope an unsubscribe message will not be your only contribution.
Us 3-letter-joke-names got to stick together! Welcome aboard, Ace!

 Helge:
>[...] a reprint of a Mickey Mouse continuation
>story from WDC375 with a pirate plot set in the 17.-18. century with
>Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pete. I have always (well, for almost 20
>years) thought that that story and the other Mickey continuation
>stories by the same artist were by Paul Murry, but the editor's column
>says it's by Floyd Gottfredson!
>
>Can anyone give a definitive answer?

 Yes, you are right, and they are wrong; it's Murry.
Norwegian DD also credited "An education for Thursday" to FG, though
it was Bill Wright's version for the One Shot magazine (or was that
Murry too, as some sources say?) Apparently noone in Scandinavia
remembers who FG really is, though word is out that he's good.

 Harry:
>>Keep your eyes open for Squinch and Shyster, because they're going
>>to be coming your way by the end of this year.
>But they alreay ARE... I have seen at least one Egmont story featuring Squinch,
>drawn by... Ferioli.

 <BING>  Darn, if I can remember what a Squinch is, but...
Tell me, Harry, does it have a code?

 Does anybody here play Magic: the Gathering(TM)?
I have a Library of Alexandria card that allows you to draw more cards.
It has been named "The Junior Woodchucks' Guide" (Gr"onsp"attebogen)

Unknown writer: "You mean you don't want any more BORING Mickey stories?"

<oLe 'RoC' Reichstein Nielsen, c/o Lasse 'Spot' R.N. (lrn at daimi.aau.dk)>