Disney-comics digest #335.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Mon May 23 14:13:15 CEST 1994

Knut:
	Well, thank you very much. I also greatly dislike that "My Life
in an Eggshell" or whatever it's called (having flipped through it in
various foreign languages), and I regret that it will soon be inflicted
on America. I don't have to tell you what a "sick" idea it is to think
that all the Disney Ducks were the product of their parents suddenly
devolving or something, and flying off to build nests and lay eggs in
trees. I can't imagine the editor that allowed this whole idea.
	It's certainly not a matter of me being a better writer or
artist that enables me to come up with stories that are vastly superior
to that sort of stupidity. It's simply a matter of me having vastly more
respect for the characters and the readers that compels me to spend a
little more time thinking up a story that reflects that attitude. The
other writers surely think I'm a fool for spending so much energy and
thought on something that pays so little and which Disney does not give
credits on and steals all our royalties from. But that's the only way I
CAN do this work. It'd be MORE difficult to force myself to do a story
like that "Life in an Eggshell" thing, I think.

RoC:
	Yes, I received the Whitmans you sent, last Thursday I think it
was. It takes me a few days to find myself heading into town (from out
here in the country) to the post office, but when I do I will send you a
set of CAPTAIN KENTUCKYs by airmail. I assume I should sign them? Or do
you want them "clean".

NEWS:
	If anyone on here finds this sort of news interesting: Marvel
Comics, who now publishes part of and distributes all of America's
Disney comics, just purchased HARVEY comics and all thier characters.