Disney-comics digest #487.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at compuserve.com
Thu Nov 10 14:43:05 CET 1994

HARRY:
	What the... after all the times I've mentioned how I pay for
these digests, you've forgotten?!?! I don't pay ANY fee on COMPUSERVE
for my connect time. But I pay for everything that is sent to me from
INTERNET and everything I send TO INTERNET, by each character... each
letter in the typed message! Why do you think I always gripe when people
reprint portions of past digests when they wish to reply to an item?
It's a useless function that only costs me extra money since I must pay
to reread comments, often my OWN.
	By the way... we need to talk about your "Rosa's Comments" file.
I knew this might happen... and it's the reason I ask Per for a list of
this Digests viewers from time to time. But someone at the Egmont
company stumbled upon the Digest, further stumbled upon your "Rosa's
Comments" file, printed it out, made copies, and sent it to Egmont
editors with circles around various entries for their examination of
what I'm saying. Therefore, I'd like to ask you to go back into that
file and DELETE any comments that might have a negative connotation to
anyone. In particular, they had circled my very old comments about how
Barks seems to dislike my work and so forth... please delete any
comments I ever made about Barks or his private opinions or ANYTHING
like that. After all, so MUCH has happened on that front since then that
it makes all those older comments pretty obsolete anyway!
	And in case you're wondering about that situation, I had my
lawyers in Oregon file that lawsuit against The Weasel a few weeks ago.
And Harry... of course you have none of my comments about The Weasel
Family in that file! (I'm not going to change what I type into this
Digest, but it's a bad idea to have everything I say piling up in an
easilly accessible file which can be downloaded at the push of a button
by wandering weasels.)
	That crow character in the Goofy strips that you say date back
to the 1950s? I can look up his name if you need it, but he's apparently
so popular to this day in France that there are often strips and stories
just about HIM with no other Disney characters. I was wondering who he
was when I got aholt of some of those French comics -- at first i
thought he was from DUMBO or something weird. But for a small talking,
intelligent crow to pop out of a Goofy - Mickey Mouse strip is bizarre
enough! In Disney comics crows are just crows! Very disturbing to my
narrow vision of the Disney comics Universe, even when I allow a niche
for Mickey in it (in a parallel dimension to Barks' Ducks, of course).

BEV:
	You're not a girl? Oh. I don't think I've ever heard of the name
"Bev" for a guy -- I assumed it was "Beverly". No? Besides, I'm always
anxious to find another girl who reads comics. How about pretending
you're a girl just to make me happy?
	The reason "The Lost Charts of Columbus" is set in Nova Scotia
in part is that in "The Golden Helmet" the characters drifted south from
Labrador before losing the Helmet overboard -- this, I figure, placed
the site for the Helmet's recovery in the shallow Grand Banks waters off
Newfoundland. Then, for some reason, I had the nephews stationed at the
Junior Woodchucks lodge in Nova Scotia. I can't recall why I put them
there instead of in St.Johns... I think I suspected a girl from Nova
Scotia was soon to join this List and I wanted to make her feel welcome.
And then you pull this weird switch on me! What am I to think?!
	The Ducks then go to Anticosti Island up there to search for the
lost abbey of Brendan of Ireland.
	What happened to TCR, The Comic Reader? It was, to me, the LAST
of the TRUE comic fanzines... done just for the love of reading comics.
It naturally collapsed when something flashy and vapid came along to
fill that niche of current news and reviews, that being AMAZING HEROES.
And that's why AMAZING HEROES collapsed when something completely vapid
came along, called WIZARD. When teams of scientists discover something
even more vapid than WIZARD, WIZARD will disappear. My theory is that it
will be something on CD ROM with just pictures and spoken dialogue,
eliminating that awful READING nonsense that Americans hate so much.