(David Gerstein) Various things

9475609@arran.sms.edinburgh.ac.uk 9475609 at arran.sms.edinburgh.ac.uk
Sun Nov 13 18:46:14 CET 1994

      Dear Dwight,

      ???!??  What the heck?  I got your message -- this, after you
tried to send me one last week, and it didn't work...  I'll be
double-doggoned if I know what's rotten in the state of -- er, well, in
the country of Scotland.
      In the British edition, the dentist's name became "Drillem N.
PULLEM" -- don't ask me why.  Your version's better.

      Good luck with all of the recent translations.  I'm reminded of
the old poem, "Betwixt the both of them, they licked the platter clean."
Whatever dialogues I haven't done for Gladstone, you seem to have done,
when it comes to what they're publishing next year.

      That's all for now, Dwight.  Enjoy your trip to Europe.

      Your friend, David