Disney-comics digest #507.

DAVID.A.GERSTEIN 9475609 at arran.sms.edinburgh.ac.uk
Wed Nov 30 12:37:05 CET 1994

      Hi, gang.

      MMGawain (I'm not sure of your real name):  Besides the two
reprints of "The Great Steamboat Race" that Tryg mentioned, it was
also reprinted in early 1993, in US 277.  Weird coloring mistake on
one page, when Huey is tinted blue in a daytime scene.  I know it was
an error, because his word balloon is blue, too.  But otherwise a
fine reprint of the vintage tale.

      Re: German redrawing:  I've never seen an Italian story in a
German pocket book that had had anything done to it except (of
course) translation.  Those terrible intermezzo sequences which many
of us love to hate (who was that artist again, Fabio?) are exactly as
is, for better or worse.
      Until recently (when the monthly, here called "Mickyvision,"
was cancelled) Germany published more Disney comics than anyone else.
TWO monthlies every month, one a reprint of an old one;  five 52-page
weeklies, a Jumbo book, two 100-page DDs with I- and S-coded stories
(one a reprint of an old one, reprinted in original publication order),
one 100-page US with I- and D-coded stories, "Ein Fall fur Micky"
(Mickey Mystery) every month, one CBL Album a month, one 64-page
"DD-Sonderheft" every month, and one "Beste Geschichte von DD" album
too.  That's roughly 1100 pages of Disney comics every month.  1020
discounting the now-cancelled monthly.  1000 discounting ads in the
various issues.  And not counting some "500-page Mammoths"
containing five remaindered DD 100-pagers, which are published
quarterly.  Any questions?  I don't think they've got TIME to redraw
anything.

      Anyone have WDC&S 595 in the States, yet?  How is it?

      David Gerstein
      <9475609 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk>
      "Thanks!  But are you sure you're a McDuck?"