The Trojan Horse++

Knut Hunstad Knut.Hunstad at veg.sintef.no
Fri Oct 7 10:45:35 CET 1994

I received DD&Co. 41 yesterday and read the second part of the Trojan Horse
story. After a somewhat slow first part I liked the second part better. All
in all I think it's a quite OK story. Only major minus IMO, is that it ends
to sudden. There is no big fight with the BB. Somehow I also feel that too
many of the clues about what's going on are "spelled out" too much, taking
away some of the excitement about what's going to happen.

And I can't quite say I like Van Horn's style. Difficult to describe
precisely, but there's something about the facial expressions which I feel
isn't quite "right". I know Don's style is quite different from Barks' also,
but I still feel he draws them "right".

But to repeat myself: all in all it's a story above the average (average
meaning the typical DD&Co. story from recent years). And I know that I often
like a story better after reading it a few times over some time span, so I
might end up upgrading my review in a couple of months...

BTW, noone has commented on my question about Ducks and teeth yet...

Other stories in DD&Co. 41:

D93392: "Effektiv hypnose"- "Effective hypnosis": a story where MM
hypnotizes Goofy. Kind of slapstick-humour with different situations
occuring when MM succeeds to hypnotize Goofy. OK story, but also here I feel
it ends to sudden. And it's historically incorrect, as Goofy can't be
hypnotized according to a lot older story (sorry, don't have the reference
here, but it's MM who gets visited by his (claimed) Uncle and Ant. They go
to a lot of parties where jewelry gets stolen. Goofy is the big hero because
the villain can't hypnotize him.).

H8235: "Den soete kloe"-"The sweet itch": DD and Gladstone compete to invite
Dolly out for dinner by returning with the cleanest sweater. OK story, but
what happened to DD's dog, Bolivar? Here the nephews and DD have another dog
who is important in the story. But I must say it annoys me a little that a
writer has to "invent" a new dog as long as good, old Bolivar could have
played the same role!

D92319: "Kamera gaar!"-"The camera is running!": Continuation story about U$
getting tricked by a "film team". Where is his nose for detecting con men?
Here he is writing checks for million of dollars without hesitation...

One-pager: KF 11-18-73: Mickey and Pluto.

And now, back to work...

Knut Hunstad