Gammel 88 op een zijspoor

H.W. Fluks fluks at
Fri Apr 7 11:09:52 CEST 1995

> [..] one of my all-time favorite U$ stories.  It concerned an
> old steam engine that was to be retired in favor of a new streamlined
> train.

This could be the second (untitled) story from "Huey, Dewey and Louie Back
to School" #1, 1958. I have never seen this story, but in the 70s, Vicar
completely redrew the story for Denmark. That version was published here
in Holland (Dutch title is in the subject).

The story was written by Carl Fallberg, who apparently was (is) a railway
freak. He wrote a lot of railway stories.
The original art was by Strobl and Liggera.

Harry Fluks         ()_()                 Dutch Disney comics freak
PTT Telecom          (_)                     fluks at
Netherlands                  "Yeah.. I've _heard_ of coral barques"