DD&Co #15

Cdoberman@aol.com Cdoberman at aol.com
Fri Apr 28 21:05:29 CEST 1995

jorgen:  "You Americans won't see this anyway -- the pygmes are black."

I think it is interesting that Disney will allow some material to be printed
in one country, and not another.  This is a very racist pattern, in my view.
 They don't censor material in the U.S. on any principle -- just out of fear
of public reaction.  If it's wrong to portray ethnic stereotypes in the U.S.,
then it should be wrong everywhere.  They're saying, it is not wrong to
portray people stereotypically, only in countries where it will create bad
Public Relations.