DD&Co #15

Cdoberman@aol.com Cdoberman at aol.com
Sun Apr 30 05:49:15 CEST 1995

Jorgen:  <In my opinion something shouldn't be wrong everywhere just because
some Americans think it is wrong to do it in the U.S.>

Good point.   Very good point.  That is something for me to keep in mind,
living in this global village.

Also I didn't mean to imply I approved of the censorship.  I don't approve of
stereotypes that degrade individuals;  however, I also don't approve of
censoring an artist's work without the artist's consent.  Maybe working for
Disney implies consent.  I do wish I had access to the uncensored versions of
earlier published stories, including the "politically incorrect" stuff.  I
feel as though when this is removed, we (in the U.S.) are denying problems
ever existed.  However, if an artist feels like his past work has content he
wishes to have removed, well, then go ahead and remove it.  Perhaps if Barks
had it to do over again, maybe he wouldn't have included such Degrading
Stereotypes of Norwegians in "The Lemming with the Locket." ;-)  My point is,
power to the artist.

    Wes

"But, Mickey!  It's SUICIDE!  We'll be KILLED!  How'll we ever land without
wheels?" -- Captain Doberman