$crooge Merchandise

deckerd@agcs.com deckerd at agcs.com
Fri Aug 4 17:30:00 CEST 1995

I just got a new "Disney Catalog" -- a general mail-order
catalog of all kinds of pricey Disney merchandise. I'd
guess it's the mail-order branch of the Disney Store.
Seems like I just got one a few weeks ago, in which they
were merchandising the works out of Pocahontas; now they're
pushing Cinderella stuff hot and heavy (the video rerelease
is due this fall) and there's even some Aristocats stuff.
Of interest to us is an actual piece of Uncle Scrooge
merchandise -- a Scrooge Money Box. Here's the catalog

"A sleek conversation piece and place for your treasures
or $$$ bills (Scrooge's favorite). Four full-color comic
strips tailored around the sides feature Scrooge McDuck,
our 'fantasticatillionaire' tightwad, originally penned
by the great Carl Barks. Original vintage drawings were
colorized and bespeak of Scrooge's philosophies: 'When I
was your age...' 'Give 'til it hurts.' 'You are what you
eat.' The beautifully crafted wood box in black and dusty
maubve is finished in high gloss lacquer. Fitted lid;
flock-lined interior.
15"x4"x7-1/2" high, with ball feet
and finial. Imported. $95.00"

Ninety-five dollars!!?? It's comic strips pasted to a
wood box! (Newspaper comic strips at that, not even
drawn by the great Carl Barks -- some "original vintage
drawings" indeed!) But in the whole 72 pages of that
catalog, that's the only Scrooge merchandise I could
find... If you want a catalog, write to:
The Disney Catalog
One Disney Drive
P.O. Box 29144
Shawnee Mission, KS 66201-9144