Adopt-a-cartoon

by way of marmelmm@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu M. Mitchell Marmel dark at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 8 21:30:20 CEST 1995

     I found out in one of yesterday's newspapers (USA Today, August 7, 1995
 - do not delete this date if you forward!) that there is a group working to
preserve old animated films from the silent and black-and-white era. These
were mostly shot on nitrate stock, and as a result, are disintegrating
rapidly. This group has been raising money from industry sources, but isn't
getting enough donations quickly enough to make transfers quickly enough to
save all the films they'd like to save. So they're now asking for donations
of US$10 or more from - well, anybody. For those of you on my political
mailing list, I know this isn't political, but I'm an animation fan and know
at least a couple of you all are, too. Hope you don't mind.
     Anyway, if you're interested, please contact:

     Adopt-A-Cartoon (The Cartoon Preservation Project)
     ASIFA-Hollywood
     725 S. Victory Blvd.
     Burbank, CA 91502
     USA
     818/842-8330

     All donations of US$10 or more are welcomed. It costs up to US$5,000 to
preserve the average vintage short film shot on nitrate film stock.
     If you're not interested, there won't be a follow-up piece of mail, so
don't worry about it.
                                   - R'ykandar.

 --
"I'm ready for my close-up; Mister DeMille, I demand that you shoot me now!"
     - Daffy Duck, on the set of "Pronoun Trouble" | oh joy, more mail.