Re Disney-Digest #751-#753

Danny Coenen f.coenen at kfa-juelich.de
Wed Aug 16 12:28:18 CEST 1995

DON:
What I meant with Scrooge getting rich so *QUICKLY* (within two years
he already had one million Dollars) was *AFTER* those 20 years of
struggle, I didn`t mean the hole time.

ARTHUR:
At least I never saw any Disney comics the times I`ve been to Kenya.
(The last time was just two weeks ago). But would you give away money
for comic books if you only earned about 80$ a month??? But I`ll
have a look at it when I go there next time. (Scrooge speaking
Swahili- interesting idea!)

PER:
That translation of "Donald learns the Ropes" is from 1959, so Erika
Fuchs had no chance to look into Don`s work. And I don`t think
that she does so even today when she translates the last few unpublished
stories for the German Barks Library, as she is *ONLY* responsible for
Barks stories and not for others.

Danny Coenen
f.coenen at kfa-juelich.de