A conversation.

Arthur_de_Wolf wolfman at pi.net
Fri Aug 18 20:27:33 CEST 1995

Hi!

Yesterday, I went to the comicbook store, where I always buy my American
Disney comics. The owner of the store, claims to know a lot about Disney
comics. So, I had a conversation with him.

me: "Hello!"
him:"Hi!
me: "Do you have any Disney comics for me?"
him:"Yeah, sure! Here's US#294, WDG#1, WDC#599 and USA#34."
me: "Ooh, that's nice! I see you finally have WDG#1"
him:"Well, actually, it's only a special. There's not going to be
     a #2 issue of WDGiant"
me: "I thought is was a 7th bimonthly comic?"
him:"No, that's not true"

That was the first thing I didn't believe.

me: "I also see that US#294 with Lo$10 has finally arrived?"
him:"Did you know that Lo$ is originally a Dutch idea?"
me: "What do you mean?"
him:"Well, it was one of the people of Oberon who got the idea for Lo$".
me: "I thought Rosa wasn't working for Holland anymore!"
him:"Yes he is! And Rosa was born in Sweden"
me: "Rosa born in Sweden? I thought his parents were from Italy! And he
     is living in the States!"
him:"No, that's not true"
me: "Yeah right! So: Rosa is Swedish, he works for Holland and Lo$ is
     a DUTCH project?"
him:"Yes!"
me: "Oh, well, I'll ask him."
him:"WHO?"
me: "Rosa!"
him:".....uuuh....what do you mean?"

Then I explained to him what a Mailing List is. And that Don Rosa is a
member of this ML too.

him:"Oooooh! THAT mailing list! Sure, I know of that!"

No he doesn't. He ALWAYS says that after I explained something to him.

him:"Did you also know that there are only THREE countries in the whole
     world who can make Disney stories?"
me: "Only three?"
him:"Yes! The United States, Sweden and Holland."
me: "And what about Italy, France, Brazil etc...?"
him:"THEY don't make Disney stories!"
me: "Yeah right!"
him:"Did you also know that every story has it's own code?"

No, as if I didn't know. OFCOURSE I know about the codes!"

me: "Yes!"
him:"Look! I'll take a comic. You see? Here it says: D92044."
me: "So?"
him:"That means that it's a Swedish story from 1992"
me: "Uuuh...I'm sorry...But THAT's a Danish story!"
him:"That's not possible! Only the U.S., Holland and Sweden
     can make Disney stories!"
me: "Ooh...sure!"

Then we talked a little further, and finally I left. Honestly, I
don't believe a WORD from what he says. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's
just what I believe. Maybe one of you people out there could explain
the things he says. Look, I'm almost sure that Sweden, USA and Holland
are not the only countries who can make Disney stories. But what about
the things about Don being Swedish, working for Oberon and that Lo$ is
originally a Dutch idea/project?

--Arthur.

By the way:
I never knew what Don Rosa actually looked like. I never saw any
picture of him, you know. But know that I have seen WDG#1 though
(which had an EXCELLENT story ("Scrooge and the Heart of the Yukon"),
that I enjoyed VERY much) I finally know. So THAT's Don Rosa!