Disney STORIES producing countries!

Arthur_de_Wolf wolfman at pi.net
Tue Aug 22 00:51:21 CEST 1995

Hi!

DON about 'conversation':
> I can assure you that not one single thing he said is true [...]

Thank you for your comments. Now I'm SURE that he is wrong. I can't
wait to tell him. ;-)

HARRY:
> In Amsterdam, they say that "Rosa's stories are very good. I can't tell
> them apart from Barks!"

It's terrible. And those people, who actually make a living of selling
comics, are supposed to know a lot about them. What's the world coming
to?

> The only countries we (I) know of that produce or produced their own
> stories are: USA, Denmark, Netherlands, Italy, France, Brazil, Germany
> (only very few) and _maybe_ Egypt.

Only those? That's not much.

What about Argentina? In Uncle Scrooge Adventures #34 Alberto Beccatini
writes:

Quote: "... a weekly comics magazine bearing his name (El Pato Donald)
stated publication in Buenos Aires, Argentina. An artist named Luis
Destuet drew original stories of the Duck from 1945 until the early 1960s.
[...] More than ten years passed before other Argentinean artists devoted
themselves to drawing Disney comics. In 1975, the Jaime Diaz Studio
stated producing...", Unquote.

Or do the artists of the Jaime Diaz Studio produce stories for OTHER
companies? Because, later in the text:

Quote: "He [Daniel Brance, -Art] settled in Barcelona, the seat of the
most illustration/comics studios and publishers in Spain. After drawing
a comic album for Editorial Bruguera, in 1977 he started working for a
studio called Bardon Art, which, among other things, produced Disney
strips for Egmont...", Unquote.

Are Argentina and Spain ALSO countries that produce their own
Disney STORIES?

--Arthur.