Germany, Finland, Iceland and Argentina

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Tue Aug 22 17:58:19 CEST 1995

KNUT (about the Phantom Blot story):
> in my "I, Goofy"-book
> (yeah, I know, seems strange, but after all, Goofy is _very_ typical in
> those few panels he appears in in that story...).

Want something strange? Try the German "I, Uncle Scrooge" (Ich, Onkel
Dagobert) books! In one of them, "Donald Duck finds Pirate Gold" is
reprinted! And they even printed a few panels upside down, to make it
worse...

ART:
> Here's a list of the countries I know of:
> - Finland	(???)
Aku Ankka. Our Finnish members can tell you the details.

> - Iceland	(???)
Andres O"nd. We used to have an Icelandic member. What happened to Sigurdur?

And you can also add the Faeroer to your country list.

> What about Argentina? In Uncle Scrooge Adventures #34 Alberto Beccatini
> writes: "... a weekly comics magazine bearing his name (El Pato Donald)
> stated publication in Buenos Aires, Argentina. An artist named Luis
> Destuet drew original stories of the Duck from 1945 until the early 1960s."

I did not know that! Why did noone tell me before? 8-)
Original Argentinan stories from as early as 1945?

> [...] More than ten years passed before other Argentinean artists devoted
> themselves to drawing Disney comics. In 1975, the Jaime Diaz Studio
> stated producing..."

Yes, these studios and a lot of southern European studios work(ed) for
the USA, Denmark, Holland and Germany.

--Harry.