Disney comics from China and India!

Arthur_de_Wolf wolfman at pi.net
Thu Aug 24 01:43:50 CEST 1995

Hi!

Today I went to Amsterdam, where I found a comic-book store
called "Lambiek". They had quite a lot of Disney comics. I also
saw a photo, hanging on the wall, showing Carl Barks visiting
"Lambiek". The reason I'm telling this is, that I bought both
a Disney comic from China and one from India. The one from China
is very small, and (I think) is titled "Mickey Mouse". It only
has two Mickey stories in it, but they are drawn _really_ bad.
And I mean REALLY bad. I almost think that they are Chinese
stories. Could that be possible? I've never seen anything like it.
It's just like they first took an original Mickey-story by, let's
say, Paul Murry. And then tried to copy it, by hand. I must say,
if they did that, they haven't succeeded. As I said, it looks awfull.
For example: if there's a 'sun' in the background, it's not nearly
round. Even I could make a better sun, without a pair of compasses.
The second comic is one from India. I think the title has 'Disney' in
it, but I'm not sure. Don said it's hard to understand Greek. Well,
this is IMPOSSIBLE to read!

Anyway, now I can add both India and China to my 'Disney-comics-
publishing-countries'-list, and maybe add China to my 'Disney-stories-
publishing-countries'-list.

HARRY:
You said that you always go the your Disney comics store in Amsterdam.
Did you mean the one in the Soembawastraat with that? Or do you also
go to "Lambiek"? I have to admit, "Lambiek" is a great shop. The
pity of it is, that I have to travel for 2 hours by train, to get
there. And 2 hours back! That makes ... uuuhh! ... FOUR hours!

--Arthur.