Diabase and Lapland.

Arthur_de_Wolf wolfman at pi.net
Thu Aug 24 04:25:12 CEST 1995

JOHN MAYER:
>> [...] formed by a submarine eruption of basalt during the Tertiary
>> period, in which a "coal formation" of fireclay, sandstone, shale and
>> brown coal makes up the secondary stratum which was afterwards topped
>> by dolerite?
>
> Yes, but American geologists now refer to nonporphyritic phaneritic
> (but not typically gabbroic) igneous rock as diabase rather than
> dolerite :-)

Yes! I knew that. I just thought it would be to hard to understand
for all of you Disney-comics-fans out there. And diabase is always
better than dolerite. I always put diabase in MY cornflakes when
I feel like it. :-)

By the way: Are you related to the prime minister of Great Britain?
(Or is that spelled 'John MaJer'?) ;-) [I'm sorry, that's a bad joke].
			    =
BROR:
> I've heard about Disney comics (Egmont) in Laplandish (is that the word
> in English?) isn't there less than 47,800 people speaking that?

I didn't know that either. Thanx.

--Arthur.