Disney comics from China and India!

Fredrik Ekman ekman at lysator.liu.se
Fri Aug 25 14:39:01 CEST 1995

On Wed, 23 Aug 1995, Arthur_de_Wolf wrote:
> The [comic book] from China is very small, and (I think) is titled
> "Mickey Mouse". It only has two Mickey stories in it, but they are
> drawn _really_ bad. [...] It's just like they first took an original
> Mickey-story by, let's say, Paul Murry. And then tried to copy it, by
> hand.

Now, I don't remember this clearly, but what way do the Chinese read?
Right-to-left? Top-to-bottom? Anyway, I have a vague memory that they
read in another direction than we do, and this could possibly be a reason
that they do not want to use original stories: Too much re-formatting.
This, of course, does not tell us whether they produce stories entirely
of their own, or just poor copies of other countries' stories.

/F

PS. I just browsed quickly through your list of countries, Arthur. Did
you include Indonesia? I have an Indonesian comic book at home.