@12:1221/30

Paulo Barreto Paulo_Barreto at digi.AX.APC.ORG
Wed Aug 30 04:58:25 CEST 1995

ARTHUR:

 }But on the cover, are the prices for the following countries:
        (...)
 }As you said, it's practically all of South America. But Brazil isn't
 }on the list.

        Of course it couldn't be.  That edition wouldn't sell in Brazil
mostly because Spanish is *not* spoken in Brazil.  Besides, there's a
lot of local Portuguese-language titles available.

A}I didn't know that. That's interesting! After I read this, I took
 }a closer look at my Portugese Disney comics. I found two adresses. One
 }in Lisboa (Portugal) and one in Porto. I looked up Porto in my
 }interactive Global Explorer on CDROM, and I saw that Porto
 }is a small town in Brazil. So that's it!

        I don't know Disney editions from Portugal, but I suppose they
exist (Editora Abril has dropped the price in escudos from Brazilian
covers).  The CD-ROM is completely wrong.  What town were they
referring?  Porto (or Oporto in English), a major city in Portugal?  Or
Porto Alegre, capital of Rio Grande do Sul, southern Brazil?  I'd make a
nice frisbee from that CD. :-)

           _____m__(0/\0)__m_____  P.C.Barreto
                                   mad at digi.ax.apc.org

 * QMPro 1.0 11-1111 * o melhor programa para uma qunta e novela mexicana?

___ Olms 2.01 [Evaluation]